Saturday, November 2, 2019

Oh how I love my cookbooks

        I wasn't going to post today but I had a great thing I wanted to share before it went away. HAHA

 I love new recipes. This wonderful program I am doing called Golo had some new ones they added to their website so today I went and printed several of them off. I have a special book I keep all of my golo recipes in. I feel a lot of people these day's don't really take time to sit a read a recipe. I mean the newer generations. Just becoming adults. Maybe even some people my age and older.

   So I will tell you more about my golo recipe book. I use this book every single day!! I use it for all three of my meals as well. All of the recipes in there are healthy, tasty, filling, and the best part easy!!!  Since using these recipes I have lost around 55 pounds since March 16, 2019!! I feel healthier than I have in years

 I can remember as a young child being at my grandma's houses and both of them always had a cook book sitting out on the cabinet and them standing up there with all kinds of ingredients making up something good to eat. Both my grandma's were the best cook. My grandma Rush made best rolls I had ever had. I remember as a child watching her just beat away on that dough. I think maybe she was thinking about her ex husband when she was beating the bread. HAHA. My other grandma who is still with us makes the best deserts like cakes and pies. OMG her peach cobbler is so good all warm with some ice cream. OK. Now I gotta stop that haha
.
 I have an old metal basket I keep all mine and my grandma Treva's recipe books in. They stay out in the open. Around holiday season we get get one of those old recipe books out and make all our favorite recipes. We will make persimmon pudding and zucchini cake. and all kinds of candy and cakes.  She uses the recipes from the old church books. Those are always the best. They could cook back in the day!! I know all that sounds unhealthy and above I was talking about being healthy. Even though we will make all these treats we share with neighbors and family. I just enjoy all that time I get to spend with my grandma still especially since I am 40 and still have her!!  That is something special all on it's own. I love my grandma!! Also we are sharing these memories now with my daughter. We can carry this tradition on for generations like it has with me and my grandma's.



 I think I have rambled enough for now. I just wanted to share how much I love my cook books and what memories I have with them.  And how much they have changed my life.

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Amber. I love cookbooks! I wish I had my mother’s cookbooks, but she didn’t have any. She had a drawer poked full of recipes she tore out of magazines and newspapers. I don’t know what happened to all of them. Anyway, thank you for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookbook sounds great! Maybe GoLo will somehow help you publish it and make money for yourself, or for a charity.
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete